Various units of the Austrian cavalry
Handmade Swords - Sylf’s Sword
- Maker: Grégory Delaunay
- Medium: Damascus steel, ebony, shibuichi (an alloy which can be patinated into a range of subtle muted shades of blue or green, through the use of "rokusho" treatments)
Sylf - “From shadow and Flame” is the first volume of a graphic novel by Grégory Delaunay.
Source: Copyright © 2013 Elfic
The Flash #217, September 1972, cover by Nick Cardy
i think that french horn is out of tune, it looks a little flat.
I will fight you for this
tHIS IS NOTHING TO JOKE ABOUT
"Kate Bishop. I’m pretty much an avenger. At your service."
#14 was such a good issue.
Yatagan Sword with Scabbard
- Dated: 1806
- Culture: Ottoman, Turkish
- Maker: unknown
- Medium: steel, velvet, silver, cornelian and gold, embossed and chased
- Measurements: blade length: 56.5 cm
- Inscriptions: ‘Mustafa’ and dated ‘A.H. 1221’ Date is A.D. 1806
Photo from “Kaiser Franz Joseph I. - persönliches Fotoalbum um 1880.”
"Ehzg. Otto in ungarischer Husarenuniform, eigenhändig signiert, 1884." (Except it clearly says 1894 but whatever)
"The Russians teaching the German prisoners of war the cossack dance. The Eastern front, Russia, 1915."
From: The Dutch National Archives
if anyone ever asks me why I love history, I’m going to show them this picture
- Dated: circa 1675-1700 (sheath fittings, circa 1800)
- Culture: Indian, Mughal
- Medium: white nephrite jade hilt and sheath fittings inlaid with foiled rubies, emeralds, and diamonds set in gold; steel blade; velvet covered wooden sheath
- Measurements: 16 7/8 x 3 x 1 in. (42.86 x 7.62 x 2.54 cm)
Source: Copyright 2013 © LACMA Museum
This graphic is fabulous. It represents a tiny crash course in rhetoric. Learn these things. Put them on your wall. Whisper them into the breeze. These are THINGS TO KNOW.
Bookmark this shit and the next time someone begins gobbling nonsense at you on a social network, instead of engaging, point them to this handy chart. Also useful: Thought Catalog’s “How To Have A Rational Conversation" flowchart.
Pours with a fluffy head of ivory white, capping a golden orange body, which has a touch of gentle haze dispersed throughout. Quite aromatic, but reserved; there’s a bit of the citric American hopping here that many of us are likely used to, but it’s a bit spicy as well. It all…